I texted Lori, Rheanna (henceforth to be known as Rhee), and Steph for tea and paklava at 8pm. I sent a follow-up favor to Rhee Rhee.
"P.S. Could you please bring your [hot water] pot? Sorry." Jo
"I shall oblige you this once" Rhee
"I shall be long indebted for your services" Jo
"Indeed, charity for the peasants has long been my conviction" Rhee
"Your magnanimity never ceases to amaze me. Your generosity to those of meager status is appreciated. I feel blessed to be the beneficiary of such selfless deeds." Jo
"Your use of superfluous words gives witness to your worthy cause. I am grateful for the laughter you have provided hence proceed in peace until the eighth hour." Rhee
"Fare thee well, kind maid. Till then, humbly at your service, Ms. Jo" Jo
I once walked into Starbucks speaking to Rheanna in a British accent. We exchanged a few paltry lines, but ceased talking when we reached the counter. Unbeknownst to us, the barrista had heard our cordial greeting, and, with animated countenance, seized the opportunity to speak in so refined a manner.
While occasionally Rheanna and I will drop a line in accents, it had not happened in quite some time. And never in so beautiful a form as in preservable written texts. This, ladies and gentlemen, was a delightful example of that of which you might see if you handed Jane and Cassandra Austen cell phones.
Love my friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment