Besides Rheanna and Steph. I'm learning a lot from them. Especially Rhee Rhee though. I met her at our first Research Methods lab second semester. As I sat at that table with Courtney, I made a point to talk to her. I remember thinking "This girl is hilarious." I couldn't peg her to a group of friends, so I decided then and there that I was "gonna adopt her." Lori, Steph, Rheanna, and I became TheGangOfFour.
I appreciate having her as a friend. We have loads of fun, and some of that fun comes from discussing deeper stuff. I think that we both agreed that while we do need to venture out into public (God isn't going to throw a boy through our windows), we also don't need to go out to EVERY SINGLE function and I personally don't need to, as my book (another story, but definitely something that was placed in my life for a reason) said, "position myself like a heat seeking missile and go home empty and disappointed" at night. What I've learned from being at a basically all-girls school is that it can get very easy to fall into that pattern when you go out.
It's nice to know that God will bring whoever is right into our lives, if we let the big guy lead us in the dance. God will make sure that I'll be at the event that I'm supposed to be at (because I am social:). Some people can go out all the time with no problem. For my own sanity, I have never been able to do that. And I'm a good judge of character and compatibility. If it's anything like friendships, they've all been worth the wait. It's nice to be in that boat with someone, though. We had a fun night in, basically. And this was an excellent experiment in adoption, because really I do think that I'm learning more from Rhee Rhee than she's learning from me.
It's nice to know that God will bring whoever is right into our lives, if we let the big guy lead us in the dance. God will make sure that I'll be at the event that I'm supposed to be at (because I am social:). Some people can go out all the time with no problem. For my own sanity, I have never been able to do that. And I'm a good judge of character and compatibility. If it's anything like friendships, they've all been worth the wait. It's nice to be in that boat with someone, though. We had a fun night in, basically. And this was an excellent experiment in adoption, because really I do think that I'm learning more from Rhee Rhee than she's learning from me.
Alison, Drew, and I (Scotland friends) also rehashed some greatest moments this week in an epic message conversation. I had forgotten about some of the best ones! I'm so grateful for that experience, and those excellent friends, as well.
Today I woke up with a viral form of pink eye (they tested it). Apparently I'm not the only one. I went to health services to get cleared to go to classes. I'm the first one in the med school to contract it, besides one of our teachers. Boo. It is a form that has been lasting multiple weeks in people. Luckily, mine has really cleared up a lot on its own just today, so that bodes well.
Awkward moment of the day: When I didn't have a computer last week, I went to check my email downstairs one night. I ran right to the (always) empty room with a computer. On the way back, I ran into two girls and a few boys near the elevators. The girls and I had a great conversation about my beloved, $12 Target, glow-in-the-dark footie pjs. Fastforward to today, when I was in elevator in normal clothes. A boy was staring at me. "You're the footie pajama girl, aren't you? My sisters got a huge kick out of that." ...*elevator door opens.* hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment