I am so psyched!
Hahaha. I'm such a kid. I just had my "Ready Readers" orientation. Basically, each (low income/head start) pre-school classroom gets a "ready reader," or a 16-89 year old volunteer who goes into the class room for 1 hour each week to engage the class in reading. It's right up my alley. Kids get 6 new books each year, which is great, because the home interventionist in my lab says all the time that most houses she visits have NO books! Zero. None.
THE REASON THAT I AM SO PSYCHED (besides the reading) is I GET THE SIX BOOKS TOO! They also encourage you to bring in books that you liked (most we just check out from the library. We'll do 2-4 books per week), so I can bring jellyfish stew back. LITERARY CLASSIC :)
Yesterday I gave my oral presentation to our OTD class. It was superfun. Most people's were cut and dry, but being the daughter of Dr. Dad, public speaker extraordinaire, I knew better. So, red blood cells were explained in terms of doughnuts and croissants (pictures included), and my "significance" slide was titled "why this is the best thing since the backstreet boys" (picture also included). The last bullet was "it doesn't involve me singing."
So all that was fun. Now I just keep plugging away. Getting there! Hopefully preparing that was my last 3 hours of sleep night of the semester!
No comments:
Post a Comment