Monday, January 30, 2012

My faculty Dr. King mentor brought in her babies today. She has two 13-month-old twins. One boy, one girl. It was so cute to see! They were fun. But, let me tell you, I ruined the little boy's whole day.

He found a box (DK, short for Dr. King, was sitting next to him and Iz), and it had some developmental toys, including clothes pins and poker chips in it. J and I were pulling things out and dropping them on the floor. I was sitting at the table, but I saw Little J put a big, thick poker chip in his mouth. DK was busy with I. I got up and went over, going to pull his hand out of his mouth, thinking that there was no way that he could fit the whole thing in. But then, he did. And he shut his mouth! Terrifying! I stuck my fingers in there and plucked it out. Whew. Basically, I saved our friendly med student lab mate or adviser from having to do CPR. That's good, right?!

The sad part is that then Little J cried and didn't want to play with me. Sad day. Don't you know that I saved your life?!

But I did save three more, and didn't make anyone else cry the whole way. I gave blood in a new personal best of 5 minutes and 37 seconds. The whole process was a blast! They had great people and a great volunteer today. It's fun to break the monotony of peoples' jobs.

Right now, I'm cleaning in preparation for my crepe party on Thursday. Yummm!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive