Also, at first I thought that the openers were acting humble and trying to work the hometown pride (like most politicians and concert artists), but then Andy Grammer came on and said that we were the best reception that they'd had all tour, and he's always felt that way in STL. STL for the win.
-Crepe night! I almost regretted planning the event on Thursday, since I felt terrible Tuesday through Thursday, but it turned out awesome. Before Skidmore, but now even more so, I like to keep my parties "open" to anyone because I think basically anyone who might want to show up on that night, even if they don't usually come to things, should feel welcome. I don't want to leave anyone out, either. Well, this time I couldn't make 1000 crepes, but I did want to do something for those girls in my class that are super nice but shy, or introverted, or don't like they typical social scene or are married and don't often get invited to things. I've had really nice memories with quite a lot of them. So hence why I felt the need to plan crepe night and specifically invite those people, instead of just doing something with Steph and Rhee Rhee.
It was a total blast. Nine of us hung out in the 7th floor kitchen. People who are usually quiet unless you're one-on-one were so fun and funny! I made a savory eggplant/onions/balsamic vinegar filling and a strawberry filling, plus had cool whip and soda. Other friends brought marshmallow goo, nutella, bananas, lemonade, and blueberries. We ate crepes in my room, shared funny stories, and at one point, there was a pillow fight. It was just a nice, shining strands of lights kind of night, and I'm glad that I was able to do it. I think it was appreciated.
-Last night. Rhee, Steph and I were going to play games. Well, since I don't own cups (long story) and always end up drinking out of a teacup, we were all drinking orange juice from teacups. All of a sudden, Rheanna sat up really straight, as if she just heard her mom say "sit up straight, please." Well, all of a sudden I was seized by the sudden desire to play "finishing school," so we began engaging in all sorts of horseplay, including walking with books on our head, throwing things in teacups, and giving ourselves 18th century hairdos.
Steph
Rheanna
-Running with Marie, and without.
-Homework to the max. All day, each day I've been really productive. Like, insanity focus. It's great!
-Group work. Yesterday morning I met two classmates for two hours to do work. Today I met someone. Tomorrow I'm meeting someone. On and on it goes! The great thing is its been really efficient, and we met at this beautiful cafe. It is so nice!
Well, off to finish more work so that I can enjoy the super bowl tomorrow! Woooo! Go Blue!
No comments:
Post a Comment