Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am so tired, but I don't want to get up and brush my teeth, so I am continuing to sit at my computer. 

That doesn't make any sense, does it?
One time this happened in Scotland to both Helen and I, so we looked up youtube videos on teeth brushing songs. It definitely got us motivated. 

Alas, this is not the case tonight. I am sitting here in a lethargic stupor, too tired to move. I had a checkout today (lab practical), so that was quite a bit of preparation. I have a test tomorrow, and a paper Friday, plus our group 20 page paper was due Tuesday. On top of that, I sorted through about a thousand books today to set up my class for this week and next week's reading session. That's fun, but it's also kind of crazy. The two classes of kids have different attention spans, interests, and academic backgrounds, so though I will read some of the same books, I also do a bit of tailoring. And creating some cute "letter of the day" pictures. I LOVE it though. And the kids are so good for your self-esteem. Last week one girl hugged me and remarked "Ms. Joyce, yo' skin is so soft." So fun. 

The past few days I've gotten my friends to play outside with me for 30 minutes. Frisbee yesterday, tennis baseball today. It has been so nice to enjoy a bit of the 60 degree weather, and time with good friends. There's only a few months left of having my Olin-ers left. It's been a total blast hanging out with them. They're all such wonderful people. 

Alright. Brushing teeth. Bed. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive