Tonight I had to go out to get a kids book for the class I read to, even though it was snowing. I'm so glad that I had to go out! As I was brushing snow off my car, I realized how beautiful it was for making snow creatures.
One of the things that I strongly dislike about going to an "all girls school" is that it lends itself to a whole lot of sitting around talking. I LOVE doing that, but in doses. So, knowing that no one would likely want to have a snowball fight or come (except my farm friend Steph, and she was at her Bible study), I decided to just head outside and make one in the island in the middle of the dorm cul-de-sac. Let me tell you, it was some heavy rolling!
I struggled trying to get the second ball on top of the first. Enter two nice employees/researchers. The guy had come out and seen it, and gone on to get his friend from California. They brought out pizza crust for a smile and rolled up aluminum foil for eyes. They sparkle! The girl had never built a snowman, so it was fun to involve her. We were easily able to lift the second ball on to make "The Wash U snowman." It was so much fun, and I think the Cali girl got a kick out of the experience. I also made a snow penguin after. If only I didn't have so much homework! I would have created an entire menagerie.
When God gives you snow, make a snowman! I've seen a few people take pictures with it from my window (I finished around 10pm). It's fun to bring people SnowJoy! All in all, a great evening. I'm very glad that I'm not afraid to do such awesome things like that alone! What a bummer that would have been. Note: Rubbing jello powder into snow for a snow penguins chest works quite well!
No comments:
Post a Comment