Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jam on a bus


What is the worst kind of jam, you ask?









Traffic jam.


Painfully

    slow

to

get

through

WhenAllIWantToDoIsRaceRaceRace.
I do race.
I am outstripped by the passing butterfly
 carried
on the spring breeze.

I do race.
I am racing the clock
 Hoping to make it
on time

to the First Annual Oxymoron Convention
where we convene
And scheme
and eat Jumbo shrimp and act naturally.

Stop.
Stop.
It is time
It is a moment.
 A tree I will never see again
  A day I will never live again
A moment I will never  drink again.

Greater things to worry about remain
The driver, the crash, the pain,
not my spot
in the highway l a n e.
SayAPrayerSayAPrayerSayAPrayer
SayAPrayerSayAPrayerSayAPrayer
MySelfishImpatience ignores someone else's         despair.

My only request that I will still ardently press
is a break from being behind this Tyson Turkey truck,
#59634.
It is making me hungry


For something other than traffic jam.

What do you all think? Should I represent OT and submit this to the Med School lit journal, or write something else? This was a real experience-except the oxymoron convention part. I was travelling to Boston on a bus in 2010 took 2 hours longer than it was supposed to.

Also, I LOVE Valentine's day. It was so much fun. I got four letters in my mailbox (one from my Scotland friend, one from a girl that I've counselled, and two from family), plus Valentine's, a muffin, candy, and a rose in my school mailbox. That was fun! But, tis better to give to receive. I handed out 30 3-D dinosaur Valentines and fun dip packets to my friends and teachers. Apparently my Valentines to the teachers became popular reading in the staff lounge (even though they were about 3 sentences)! I received 3 emails from teachers saying that it was the funniest Valentine that they had received in a long time, and it cracked them all up.

Last night we all went up to the dorm penthouse and watched A Knight's Tale as well. Always an A+ choice!

P.S. I just used the word ratiocination in my essay due tomorrow. That makes it pretty baller, right?! I love it when vocab words that I'm learning fit into something for school! 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive