Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tonight my friends and I went to the STL Symphony! Student night = $10 tickets! Annnnd I played the "spin the wheel" game and won two tickets to another performance this year! xxo living in STL.

I also "filmed" a news segment for a video that our school is putting together on our participation in mental health. The girl who was doing it apparently said "I know the perfect person: Joyce" and everyone started laughing and agreed. Hopefully that is a good thing :) I was super-professional at first, but they wanted some Joyce-jokes in there, so I put some in. I'll send you the link when it's completed, so that you may sit in awe of my 45 seconds of speaking. It's sort of funny that I keep getting type-casted for roles in OT school, considering I have no prior acting experience. It's a cool opportunity.

I am loosely following Cardinals spring training. Exciting bro's.

The past 2 weeks have been something every night; 3 dollar bowling, going out, a bachelorette party, Valentines day gathering, coffee house event, and Monday we're decorating the faculty-staff lounge. I am so excited to spend tonight alone. I do not like functioning at the speed where I have no time to process anything ever.

This coming week is very busy with tests, checkouts, papers etc. After that, it's fieldwork week. I'm doing a mental health rotation at Barnes-Jewish in St. Louis, which is super-convenient (it's connected to the dorm:). I'll be flying home for spring break from March 10-18, and surprising dad.

Besides that, I'll be in the midwest until August! I will stay here in May to pack up, move out, see my friends graduate, and participate in the festivities. Then I'll settle down in WI for my level II. Word on the street is that it's a pretty legit facility. I'm sure that my time there will be an excellent learning opportunity.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive