Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sometimes I have thoughts in my head buzzing like bees, but then I fall asleep.
And don't remember them (when I wake up).
This is terrible, because usually the cool synapses of my brain are more talkative at night. 
That's when I'm thinking about the day and figuring out life. Or just having funny epiphanies. 
In part because I nurture these seeds and give them water and help them grow.

It's scary-easy how easy we can fall into a rut of not thinking about anything at all, really. We go through days thinking about tasks, wondering if we're going to finish things or get places, and really not have an original thought. Passive responders, actors, objects. 

I believe that there's power in original thought.
It can capture joy, console grief, help another relate, and bring sincerity and authenticity to a world where it is too often absent.
And it makes me laugh a lot. Most of my thoughts are not "deep." They're just funny :) 
I do not just want to parrot lines that I've heard from others for the next 60 years. I love Mark Twain's critique-->advice to James Fenimore Cooper's The Deerslayer; he advised him "Say what he is proposing to say, not merely come near it" and "Use the right word, not its second cousin."
I want to be present and say what I want to say, not use the less-fitting cliches.

So that's my lamentation of the thoughts that peaced out of my head last night, because they were funny. 
And now I cannot remember them. They flew out my ears when I was sleeping.

On another note, Rheanna wants me to put on here what she said last night (I think she was joking, but I'm putting it up anyways:). Rhee: "I used to want 7 kids: 4 boys and 2 girls." 
Joyce: "You know that doesn't equal 7, right?"
In all fairness, it was late. The other night, I spit tea all over her room because it was 12am and we were studying and way too tired, and she couldn't remember how she got a bandaid on her finger (she put it on 10 minutes earlier). 

Things are funnier when in the midst of hard work or little sleep.
I'm grateful for all the laughs and warm and fuzzy moments in the midst of chaos. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive