Life is a whirlwind!
Tuesday was a baseball game with 15 friends. Cards won 10-7. On Wednesday, we had our grad party for the MSOT's, which was a lot of fun. I learned how to play shuffleboard. I didn't want to intimidate anyone with my mediocre pool skills, so I stayed away from that...I'm not kidding, though. It was terrible to watch. It's funny how one item can jog a hundred memories, from playing pool with dad to dad playing pool with Mr. Bedian, the pool room at camp, and playing pool with Drew in Scotland with half a stick (that's all that we could find:)
I definitely have many moments where I hate how OT school is structured, and how watered down the material is (and how intelligence and being a great practitioner are seen as mutually exclusive), and how little they allow us to think. I've realized that I don't just like challenge and learning; I crave it and need it.
But, I do love OT, and I do love the people that I've spent the last two years with. I am SO BLESSED to have them in my life. It can sometimes take me awhile to find my group. I am sort of particular with who my closest friends are, in that I do want to surround myself with good people. In cases like this, it was so worth the wait!! We don't really have time to think about the fact that we only have two weeks left together, but WHAT?! WE ONLY HAVE TWO WEEKS LEFT TOGETHER?! We've spent the last year and a half owning the second row :)
Thursday and Friday I went into the lab and started pumping out Institutional Review Board (IRB) forms. I also played baseball and on the playground, and went to a friend's gathering. The most fun part of the weekend was probably helping to rebuild a house, though. I had a total blast, and got to help out another Joyce to boot. After that we had a small Armenian gathering at a friends house.
YESTERDAY I GOT ICE CREAM!! I was singing "I scream, I scream, I scream for ice cream" because no one else wanted any. It was delicious, though, and I'm glad I went. I looked like a bunny when I was coming back, though, because I dropped my key in the tall grass. It took forever to find it.
I also did a ton on my GED sites and manual, and I'm finishing that up now.
That's the update!
XXOO
No comments:
Post a Comment