Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On the eve of the eve of the eve-of the eve of graduation (aka all my best friends graduating):
As any great journeyman or explorer I must choose not to see myself as left behind,
But as forging ahead.

I must remember the joy of being together,
And the joy in having had those times

I must see the present not as a lacking blessings,
But full of different types of blessings

It's a new time, a new season,
A potentially full season
If I choose to make it that

I have been thinking about a lot of different things lately...
Thinking doesn't make me sad or more stressed out
It does the opposite
It stirs words that calm and balm and heal
It gives me strength and resolve to do the things that I know I should do, but is important that I think about why.

I go out to my bench in the city to pretend
that I am in the country
And think in the open air.
It has been lovely.

It has been nice to be out of school and having time to indulge in thinking
Make no mistake, until 12am last night, I was still doing schoolwork,
but it was TheKindWithAPoint
Not the kind that so often clogs my arteries
And hinders The Passing of Thought.
I like this.
And now I am done with it all.

In other news, I am the owner of a new, beautiful dress that cost $18 and fits perfectly.
Sewing for the win.
50% off day at Joann's fabric rocks!
It was so rewarding to do something with my hands.

I like to feel in perpetual motion
Except when I'm sleeping.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive