Tuesday, May 22, 2012

P.P.S. Today I met a nurse named Grace. After speaking for a minute, I let her in on why I would not forget her name. It is because people always call me Grace when they don't remember my name. This has literally happened dozens and dozens of times by dozens and dozens of people. She spazzed out, and said that people always called her Joyce when they couldn't remember her name! I told her my hypothesis that it's because they're both quality names (or rather, names of qualities, though they are quality names too:)...you know, joy and grace. She liked that hypothesis, and we parted ways, both chuckling over the fact that a rose by any other name may smell as sweet, but it isn't...well...a rose. Or a Joyce. Or a Grace.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive