Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stuff I did this past weekend:

-BABYSITTING! It has been awhile since I've watched someone in diapers, or just a kid, period. It was sooooooo fun with 2-year-old twins. They were so cute babbling to each other in their cribs at night. They were well-behaved and adorable. It was fun to play.

-Tutoring! I love teaching and seeing something click and someone learning to own knowledge! I tutor a girl at the OT program up the road, and its been a really fun experience. We meet about 2x/week and have fun while learning.

-Trait testing event at this huuuuuuge national convention for an African-American denomination. THEY HAD PRAISE FANS. Hehehe. Everyone was so dignified looking. You can't argue with the fact that black church-attending Americans know what it is to do Sunday best. I love going to my grocery store on Sundays for that reason. They also had hats that would put Kate Middleton to shame.

I didn't really study enough for my first epidemiology test. I was so busy with my research project at the time. I know that I can do better. The last two weeks I've been studying hard for that. I know this stuff. I think I'll retain it, too. Regardless of how I do on the test this Thursday (hopefully well!), I'm really proud of what I know.

What I'm trying to get at with all this is that sometimes work is fun! I'm working, having fun, and having fun at work.

I also played frisbee and went to a friend's birthday this past weekend.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive