Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Here's the happiest member of the first family http://m.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/8077970711/lightbox/
#woof
Re-elect disposer of all questionable State Dinner scraps.

It'll be good to get back to life as usual.

In the interceding week, I've tested my first participant, scheduled a second, completed a retrospective chart review for all 146 patients, flown home, helped host Violet's baby shower, spent some quality time with the fam, read nursery rhymes with mom, beat my dad at Yahtzee (he doesn't like losing:) and made it back to STL.

This year is definitely not easy, and I'm working hard and long, but I can't describe how fortunate I feel. This year would be absolute, utter, complete torture if I didn't LOVE my young adults, my lab mentor, and the women in the lab. Basically, 80% of the time, this year is really fun (when working on lab stuff and epidemiology coursework). The other 20% of the time it's a little more mundane, but manageable. I just eat a lot of broccoli. That seems to be my stress food and a good barometer for my level of internal panic :)

I'm also having fun between various activites and people. I think I'm supposed to be doing something good and big with this time, though, so I'm also trying to do that.

Tonight was an exciting night tonight to follow (though it's 2:30am and FL results still aren't in). Now it's a time for a party with my pillow. Sleeep.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive