I know.
All my entries have been about school lately.
Maybe I should say that I'm having fun, too. I went out for Team Building with my lab tonight.
Team Building is what we call it when we all go out to happy hour...or in this case, happy hours :)
I have a birthday party Friday, a movie with church friends, an egg dying event Saturday, and my co-worker's house on Sunday.
There.
Now may I talk about my thesis?
I like knowledge. I like how it feels. I like turning it over in my fingers, feeling it, toying with it, manipulating it, eating it.
I feel sated when I eat knowledge in a way that I don't when I'm not learning.
I also like KNOWING.
Mom said when I was little that I didn't like not knowing.
I guess not much has changed.
With scholarship day coming up, plus my conference talk, I'm realizing how much I want to know stuff. I want to be able to pull up out of memory if someone asks that in "Schatz, Craft, Koby, and DeBaun, 2004, right hemisphere lesions in kids with sickle cell..."
Why?
Am I ever going to use this knowledge after May 10? The sad reality is no.
I'm not going into research, or this could be my life's work.
I guess what I'm saying is it's ironic how I don't know why I want to know so much. I only know that it feels good, and I also want to make my mentor proud that she trusted me and "took me on." I would not have invested this much for a lesser project or a lesser mentor.
No comments:
Post a Comment