Sunday, March 24, 2013

Today I talked to 2 good, old friends. Its been 4 years now since we all met. Its nice to catch up with everyone! Helen and Alison (and Drew) were easily my best friends in Scotland, and some of my favorite friends ever. I feel confident that whenever we meet again at whatever time, we'll pick up where we left off.

Helen is pursuing her PhD in plant biology and talked a lot about bumble bees. She's in the first year of her program. Helen stayed at St. A's for another few years, and seems to be having a pretty good time. Now that the cat lady is gone, that is :)



Alo is doing well as always. She has been working in DC the last few years, but is making a jump to the west coast soon. Fun will follow her wherever she goes though. Like the Mexican sandwich (2 dancers at a Smith dance). We are going to do a bit of exchange of written work this summer. I knew Alo was a good friend when she offered to edit my drama paper for me when I was writing 2, 20-page papers simultaneously. It takes a true friend to slog through that stuff.



I feel so lucky to have lived in a different country but found 2 incredible individuals who go about doing things the right way (not cheating, working hard) and have a ton of sass, silliness, and spice to boot. 

Studying abroad was such a unique experience, and I'm so glad that I had that opportunity. We had so much fun every night, just waiting in the "queue" for dinner (5-15 minutes). 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive