Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wow.
Sometimes I am so surprised. 
I called a patient today to see if she was still interested in the GED. She said she was, but she still hadn't talked to her family about it. I told her I understood, and I'd call back next Tuesday. We'd schedule a time to meet then. 
Less than a minute later, I received a call from the same number. 

"King Lab, this is Joyce"
"Hi Julie" (misunderstood name:). "I think that you talked to my sister, and I was wondering if you could do the same thing for me that you're doing for her."
"Absolutely! I'd love to"

I explained a little bit about the process, and asked her to check her schedule so that when I call Tuesday, we could all find a time when we could all meet. 

She won't be a research participant, but man, if I/my hard work could be used to help put people on the path to education, I'll be patient and persistent all day. 

And I will certainly carve some extra time out of my schedule to figure out how to help a sister out.

Days like today make this year and this project even more worth it. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive