Thursday, May 2, 2013

It was a great day. I was coming back from the APHOES conference, which was just in-SANELY awesome. It's different professionals who work with kids with pediatric oncologic and hematologic diseases, including physicians, neuropsychologists, speech language pathologists, audiologists, hospital school teachers, and school liaisons. It was very interesting. 

I was riding the metro back when a beautiful little girl boarded the train with her mom. She had a cute gray dress with a beige sash, and a hair band with a flower. She knelt on the seat with her hands pressing up against the window. 

"Wow" she said, as she looked out and was taller than people. "Wow" she said as gravel flew by, and we past decrepit old trains. That three-year-old was enthralled. 

I had been going through a laundry list of things to do in my mind. I was bored. I wasn't enjoying the train ride. 

Then I decided to take a leaf out of her book. And wow. The world really is a fascinating place. 

And adults are dumb when we believe that the young can't teach the old. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive