Saturday, May 4, 2013

What's in a room?

I love paint. I LOVE decorating and rearranging rooms. I used to want to be an interior designer when I was little.

Despite my love of color, and desire for a fun, interesting house, I've always wanted a calm, sage-green bedroom when I grown-up :). While I mainly use pinterest for treehouses, future sewing projects, and book scenery (because's "it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got"), every once in a while I'll pin  up something that I love for a some-day home.

When I searched "sage green room," I found this! I love it!! So I've added that to my pinterest.



I'm inching toward that time when I get to stop being a nomad. I love the adventure of this point of life, with picking up and going new places, finding what traditions other places have, and meeting new people. I'm also ready for settling. Settling in an area that I love, with both the types of people that I love and the types of people who challenge me and make me grow.

I will miss Dr. King (seriously, if I were 38, we'd be best friends). I will miss this wonderful, wonderful city with all its gloriously free and low cost attractions. I will miss the park, the balloon glow, and the cardinals. My best friends all left last year, so it won't be too hard to say goodbye. This city will forever be a place I feel thankful to, though.

Sometimes going new places (or doing new things) helps you put a new piece of yourself into place.
That's how I felt about Scotland. That's how I felt about high school track or debate. That's how I feel about Saint Louis. I knew who I was before I came here.
Now I just know a little  better.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive