Saturday, June 29, 2013

This is Joyce, reporting live from the second floor!

I LOVE SmallTown Ohio!!!

It's so bike friendly! Though the google satellite made it look like I couldn't walk the 1.4 miles to work (all highway), they have a sidewalk bike path going EVERYWHERE. I can ride 5 miles to the (awesome) farmers market, 1.4 to work, across the street to the grocery store, etc etc. WOOOOOO gas savings. I'll basically drive to orientation next week and to NCHC (Nationwide Children's Hospital of Columbus) on Wednesdays, but other than that, things are pretty close. 

There are also a ton of concerts and events here, and a cute downtown. It's similar to Albany in some ways, but the bike path is better. 

I drove to find the Hospital in Columbus (~15 miles away), but I haven't explored that yet. That will happen soon enough, though. 

In the meantime, I'm all settled into the hotel. It's a nice sized room, which is basically a studio apartment. Mom just left, which means that it's time to study. Gotta memorize those reflexes and developmental milestones!

Out!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive