Friday, August 30, 2013

Hola, Y'all,

I realize that my blog has gone all Oprah on you all. Lots of big thoughts and fewer funny commentaries. Those shall come soon. It's just a time of re-realizing the good in life for me, and the areas that I need to improve upon. 

I've done a better job at holding my tongue lately, even when I am "in the right." As a student trying to show you're competent, getting told that "I was never told that" when there's an email trail of proof can be frustrating. Or someone asking why you haven't written a note when you have. I make myself stop and make a different choice from "I did it already." And it feels good. It doesn't fester, like I expected. It dissolves. I've actually found that I feel better about myself for it. And I think, generally, others do too. 

It's easy to enable ourselves to continue a faulty way of operating. It's way more fun to enable ourselves to be better. 

This all being said, I do think there are times and circumstances where there's a valid excuse. That's different than often making excuses. There are a lot of times, however, when a "defense" doesn't make anything better. It's counter-productive. There are better ways of addressing the underlying issues, perhaps in a less charged time?

Eating words actually isn't so bad. 

On a different note, today I shadowed acute care OT. I love hospital-based therapy. It's intense and faster paced. There was a girl who had been hit by a car, a baby on ECHMO, a kid with encephalitis, etc.

I am determined that these last few weeks, I will take pictures. I just bought batteries for my camera, so expect to see the therapy gym where I work, the hospital, my dodgeball friends, and my little church soon...as well as anything else that the great state of Ohio has to offer. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive