It's easy.
It doesn't take long.
Ten minutes of conversation, a two minute YouTube video, an interview.
It's not that way when it comes to your dreams.
It takes hard work.
It takes mental toughness.
It takes evaluation and re-evaluation of your talent, often with the loud, searing scream of doubt
From others and/or self.
Low moments look so much less low when taken in consideration with the eventual high.
Lizzy Bennett's heart-crushed days don't look so bad on the other side of Mr. Darcy.
It takes trust.
I like that fact. BECAUSE of my moments of doubt, because of the people (mentor included initially) who believed that I couldn't do my project in a year, I had to trust that I was hearing the right message from God.
There are a lot of dreams, and they don't always match. And our lives are always more glamorous and exciting sounding when we omit most of them.
The challenge is to not. To report from the lows, so others don't feel alone in their lows. To report that doubt was experienced, so that others don't take their moments of doubt as a sign of impending defeat.
No dream worth achieving is ever easy.
The dream may be a well-functioning family,
Writing book,
Serving others selflessly,
Promotion to a certain job,
Finding a cure,
Alleviating pain,
A stable, positive relationship,
A friendship,
A salary,
An educational degree,
or just the ever-present desire and sometimes elusive-feeling "making a difference."
None of it is all easy.
Sometimes I've rolled up my sleeves, and sometimes I've retreated from the rigor. Sometimes I lose sight of the finite amount of days, and waste them away watching other peoples' dreams come true on YouTube,
instead of making my own come true.
(but if you do want to watch before you act, this is one of my favorite acts on The Voice)
No comments:
Post a Comment