I'm not exactly a spy, but I'm not supposed to talk about what I'm doing for my apprenticeship either, in case other local hospitals get wind of it and try to compete.
So yeah, it deals with amputees. And it's pretty baller. I'm really excited about a lot of new experiences (amputee support group!) and less excited about other parts (phone calls!). I've never liked making cold calls to people that I don't know.
The past week it's just been dad and me at home. Mom has been helping her friend sell clothes at a horse show. It was pretty fun, although I'm not too sad about relinquishing some of the cooking. Yes, the secret life of 25 year olds who temporarily live with their parents while on a clinical. Life is tuff. Yes, tuff.
Anyhow, I will undoubtedly describe some more about the people I work with over the next few weeks. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much nicer than the people at the children's clinic I was at. They weren't terrible there, but just negative. I haven't heard ONE negative word here, and I've heard lots of funny banter. If only it were acute care, I'd apply for a job in a heartbeat.
Tonight I went to a church event for college students. Oh, Armenians. I actually only knew two people, as many new people have started as students at local colleges, so that was nice. By many, I mean about 6. You know, it's all relative :)
Lastly, I have been sewing a lot. Off to finish my ruffled towel now! It's nice to know that I'll be able to customize things for wherever I live someday. Curtains? Sure! Placemats? Coming right up!
No comments:
Post a Comment