Today I went to the West Jefferson Roast Ox fest. They roast the ox in firepits that they dig underground. It's delicious. There were bands, and it was just straight up country life.
Afterwards, I decided that I wanted ice cream. I stopped, but realized that I didn't have my debit card on me. I do have a joint credit card with my mom for emergencies(!), and decided that ice cream RIGHT NOW was a qualifying situation. So, heads up mom. I promise that this will be my only abuse of that privilege. Thanks!
Other than that, I've run consistently the last three weeks. I'm actually looking pretty fit now. Hopefully regular exercise is something that I can keep up when I get home.
Tonight I was just struck by how cool it is to have a record of my life going back 8 years (to senior year of high school). My friends and I all had livejournals. In retrospect, it was a rather pointless way to spend time. I mean, we spent all day together. Why did we know what we were all thinking about our days? But I'm not going to complain. There were so many good memories that I literally remembered and re-lived tonight.
What my track times were, and what the races felt like. I can still picture each and every track and XC course that I ran at. Perhaps pain heightens memory. I can laugh at the funny things said in english class (the time I threw up water during metaphysical conceit recitation?), or see how friendships evolved.
I can see what I felt about being sick, and what the doctors were saying (those entries were not made public).
I plan on compiling some of these for my friends when they come for Liz's wedding. I strongly believe in letting the people who changed your life know that, and I want them to know that we've had some wonderful times that have made life so much more fun. I definitely will add some of them here, as I've found stuff that MyLoyalReader Stephanie is featured in. We had some crazy times in microeconomics and pre-school library hangouts :) It's also good because it reminds me of times when I've been my best, most efficient self, and holds me to that standard. I haven't been all that efficient lately.
Here's a funny instant messenger conversation with mom while I was at Skidmore. I had just told her that I was going swimming.
xhollandax: good for you. swimming is a no impact sport
xhollandax: unless you hit the wall
Joycey 223: AHAHA
xhollandax: Use it to sing or sing the alphabet backwards
xhollandax: No one can hear you sing!!!!!!!!!!
xhollandax: ahahah I am funny today
xhollandax: unless you hit the wall
Joycey 223: AHAHA
xhollandax: Use it to sing or sing the alphabet backwards
xhollandax: No one can hear you sing!!!!!!!!!!
xhollandax: ahahah I am funny today
Funny bunny :)
No comments:
Post a Comment