Friday, November 15, 2013

I like to do things well.
I love exceeding expectations.

You don't think I can do it?
Watch me.

You want to intimidate me?
You're not going to willfully intimidate me. 

You want this done?
Watch me get this AND this and something else done for you, boss.

(I mean, I seek more my internal sense of approval than praise from others, but I would be bold-faced lying if I didn't admit that usually I'd like both. I'm not easily swayed by a crowd, but I don't mind having a crowd be happy if I'm doing the right thing). 

I've got the big stuff down, usually.
What I'm not good at is when there's a lot of small stuff. 

More recently, I've been wondering HOW am I supposed to work all day, come home to make a dinner for the fam/clean up (1.5 hours?), AND keep my room clean, exercise?!, get that pesky journal article edited, study for my boards, sew, finish reading that book, floss my teeth etc etc. 

By the time I get to the finishing the dirty plates, all I want to do is read and sleep. Especially since it'll have been dark since 4:30pm. 

I'm still trying to figure it out. I was great about keeping my room clean this summer and at the start of the fall (woo goal checklists!), but once I started cooking more and trying to work on my journal article, my room started to become a collection of piles. 

I want to get closer to my own expectations for managing life. I am happy when I get 3/4 of my weekly goals achieved (making my bed 6x week, running 1-2x/week, going to bed with a clean room 5x/week, flossing 3x/week etc). It's not like I'm striving for perfection. But man, I am not doing well at managing all these little things. 

I'm not writing this because I found a solution. I am merely marveling that there are some ladies who have their stuff together, and are able to do this stuff. It's definitely not me right now. 
We shall see what I end up figuring out over time. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive