Monday, November 18, 2013

Style: Work clothes (aka lazy man's blog post)

For most of my career, I will probably wear scrubs. This was definitely a factor that influenced my choice. I never really cared for fashion as a teenager, probably because I always prioritized comfort and function, and clothes for kids cost a lot when you only wear them for a short period of time. The colors were earth tones in those years, and they just didn't excite me that much to wear them versus jeans and a t-shirt. So, jeans and a t-shirt it was.

My roommate in Scotland and Michelle Obama conspired at the same time to show me a different way. I love color. I LOVE accessories (the same outfit/dress/whatever can be worn 80 different ways), and I LOVE layering. I now buy fewer, higher-quality items that can be worn different ways.

Now, in grad school where I was chronically tired and trying to dress in .89431 seconds, I had a bit more fun with clothes. It was all similar to college style though, versus professional dress.

As I'm currently in an administrative apprenticeship, I do get to wear professional clothing. What is most surprising to me is that, aside from $100 that I spent at a wonderful up-scale consignment shop in Columbus Ohio (getting 3 full outfits with pieces that also mix and match), I haven't had to spend any money...and I don't think that I've worn the same outfit twice. It didn't make much sense to invest for 3 months, and I haven't needed to (hint: hit up the morning-after-christmas Banana Republic Sale if you're those extremes in sizes...XS, S, L, XL. We always get a few things at mega-mega-discount).

But, if I were working (and a millionaire), these are some outfits that I would be tempted to buy. Straight from pinterest!


Chanel.

.

Home - Mrs.O - Follow the Fashion and Style of First Lady Michelle Obama

"11 Inspiring Middle Eastern and Desi Women in the Fashion World"  Ece Gozen (Turkey)
The skirt would have to be longer and showing no midriff, but I love the colors and pattern!

1950s dress

love this

Stunning!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive