I got the moves that Jagger wishes he had.
At least that's what I'd like to think.
At least that's what I'd like to think.
I went to visit my friend Lori.
We went to OT school together.
And by went to OT school together, I mean that we had classes from 8-5 everyday, and she didn't shoot me for eating heads of broccoli in her ear, so we became friends.
Broccoli was my strategy for staying awake.
Carrots were much too loud.
M & Ms were too dangerous for daily consumption.
Carrots were much too loud.
M & Ms were too dangerous for daily consumption.
Anyhow, Rheanna and I meshed with Lori and Steph, and it was perfection. I was so fortunate. We had great nights finishing assignments together
with breaks for wheeling around the floor on roller desk chairs.
We talked in British accents while we watched Jane Austen movies. Etc etc.
with breaks for wheeling around the floor on roller desk chairs.
We talked in British accents while we watched Jane Austen movies. Etc etc.
About once or twice a semester, Steph, Lori, and I would go dancing. Rhee preferred to avoid the dancing scene, so it was often when she was visiting her family.
So, when I went to go visit Lori this weekend, you know what we did!
Yep, some tail-feather shaking.
Boston is unique in that I think 1/4 of its population is 18-24 year olds (at least that's what they told me a few years ago). On Friday, Lori and I just skyped with our two other friends. On Saturday (Lori's birthday), her roommate made dinner and threw a party, and afterwards, a really fun group of girls and guys dancing.
I also met my alter-ego. She loved country music and was hilarious, and even had similar dance moves. It was fun! The boys were really nice and respectful in our group, and even the standard "lurkers" weren't so bad. Meaning they at least tried to talk to you before they tried to dance with you. Not that I did dance with them, but I appreciated THAT difference from St. Louis culture. I think that they liked my "big" dance moves. I take up some space.
We made cinnabuns and laughed and were just generally young and 25 (or in Lori's case, 27), and it was all savory fun.
Yep, some tail-feather shaking.
Boston is unique in that I think 1/4 of its population is 18-24 year olds (at least that's what they told me a few years ago). On Friday, Lori and I just skyped with our two other friends. On Saturday (Lori's birthday), her roommate made dinner and threw a party, and afterwards, a really fun group of girls and guys dancing.
I also met my alter-ego. She loved country music and was hilarious, and even had similar dance moves. It was fun! The boys were really nice and respectful in our group, and even the standard "lurkers" weren't so bad. Meaning they at least tried to talk to you before they tried to dance with you. Not that I did dance with them, but I appreciated THAT difference from St. Louis culture. I think that they liked my "big" dance moves. I take up some space.
We made cinnabuns and laughed and were just generally young and 25 (or in Lori's case, 27), and it was all savory fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment