Saturday, March 22, 2014

Life is chugging along here. Today was Tahin Hatz making day, so I am likely going to have sore arms for the next several days. Though my dough circles don't quite have the edges of the older generation's beauties (think fringe), they are large enough and thin enough to have me admitted to their prestigious ranks. 

I've caught up with a couple lovely friends lately. Skype is wonderful. I'm really fortunate to have made such great friends. Karen (nurse friend) and I went to see the new Muppets Movie. Tina Fey was the best part about it, but I would only rate it 3/5. Karen broke that instead of staying in town ~5 years as expected, she might have to make a move this winter. 

This was sad and happy news. Basically, I had wanted to stay close to my family. Some wonderful friends that I've made, including Karen, were part of why. It's looking like I need to branch out, however. Karen saying that she likely wouldn't be here next year really helped me to accept that. 

I applied to a job in Central NY on Friday morning. They called back in the afternoon when I was out, so I didn't get to chat. I'll call back Monday, and will have some time to prepare as well. I am really going about this search differently, calling on faith and seeking where I'm supposed to be, in addition to preparation. In this case, this is not by a long-shot my most desired setting, but I felt a peace about it that I had not felt about any job posting all day. It might turn out to be a great place for me to start. 

Other than that, I've read quite a few books. I love reading. It's a balm for the soul. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive