Thursday, April 17, 2014

I will have a job by next week.

Now to figure out which one. 

Also, I'm cleaning out my closet (literally. Not like Eminem). It's SO much more fun to do now that I have people in mind to give the clothes to. There are some items I might have kept, but it's a little outdated for my age and I know that these young friends would love it. All my winter clothes now fit in one under-bed storage box. My summer clothes all fit in my dresser (except for things I'm hanging). Considering I grew only 3 inches from 8th grade til now, I have a lot of stuff that technically "fits." It's fun to do The Great Purge, though. My rule is that if I haven't worn it in a year (or wanted to wear it) it goes. Unless by chance I look all Vera Wang in it. 

I've had the good pleasure of catching up with a lot of good Armenian friends this week. Friday night a good friend, Adrienne, was in town for a central council event and stayed at my house. We had a great time checking out downtown Albany and just generally clicking. I've always liked her a lot, and I don't think I'd seen her in 3 years!

Arpi and I also had a phone date. It was sooooo good to catch up with her. She is one of my favorite friends. I LOVED living in STL when she was in Chicago. I got to see her ~4 times a year, which always involved good food, so much laughter, and good conversation. She lives in NH now. I'll probably take a trip out there soon. 

Lastly, I chatted with (after incessant urging) one of my mini-me's from St. Nersess. Now, I am quite adamant about NOT having favorites as a counselor. Seriously, some people are TERRIBLE at that.  I think a) you miss out on meeting so many great kids and b) it's not about you, it's about them and making their time great. But, it is always fun to see little bits of yourself in other people. 

Lucine is one of those kids. I met her when she was a rising freshman. I hadn't talked to her since (just FB wall). She's now finishing her junior year. I love the opportunity to listen, to ask questions and to offer my insight. She's a fun, intelligent, bubbly girl. So we had a super fun, intelligent, and bubbly 2-hour skype. I love strong, confident girls. 

After pulling back a bit from the Armenian community (I went to a Methodist church + Catholic Bible Study last academic year; didn't go to any national events), it was nice to re-experience how much some good friends and I have in common. These friends were all raised similarly. We have the same "weird" cultural quirks. I don't know what the bond is, really, but I do know that I had forgotten how much I love the gems I've met. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive