Thursday, May 1, 2014

Oh. my. giraffes. 
This week was car-ay-zay. 

I finished with my physical at 10:30. I went to my new place of employment. I filled out some paperwork. And I was handed a caseload. No "these are the door codes you'll need" or "these are where the towels are." Just "rooms go up from here. I'm kinda going to throw you in" and off I went! Not exactly what I was picturing for my first time doing adult OT in 2 years, but it came back quickly. 

Thankfully, the emphasis that I put on staff personality was so excellent. I felt a bit overwhelmed, but the nurses and aides were ALL without exception, amazing. Like "here, I can stop to help you" or "that's right down here." At any SNF (like that awful one in Syracuse), I could have been thrown in and overwhelmed AND had an unpleasant boss and work environment to boot. 

The last two days have been less overwhelming, though I still haven't eaten a lunch. And people, it's only been three days, but I am losing weight from walking 10,000,000,000 steps a day. I should wear one of those pedometers. I do like being active. 

The other great thing is that the commute is so lovely. I know it will become annoying in the winter, but I drive along farms and a river. There's never any traffic or wait at the tolls. AND I drive through a small town that has everything on the main street. I'll never need to drive out of my way to go to target, Jo-Ann's, a gym, the grocery etc etc. 

The only annoying thing is having to go to bed an hour earlier than I would if I lived 10 minutes away. And that's not too big of a deal. 

So far so good!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive