Monday, April 28, 2014

Joyce: "Do you guys want to go on a family bike ride Friday?"
Dad: "Sure. That'd be nice."
Mom: "Aren't you working?"
Joyce: Oops!

Tomorrow is my official first day! 
I'm mostly excited. I think it'll be a great environment to learn. The thing I'm most nervous for is documentation. It's completely different coding/billing, and I've never had to write renewal letters before. As long as I have an orientation, some hours to learn at night, and hopefully an example of someone else's letter, I think I'll catch on. Since most of the assessments and such are the same as inpatient rehab, I anticipate that the documentation will be the biggest learning need. 

I try not to give away my actual location on my blog, so I won't be mentioning the facility. Please feel free to ask me if you want to know. 

I'm sure I'll have many fun stories to share here in the upcoming days. I'll probably walk in circles a couple times before I end up finding the right room. You know, fun NewKidOnTheBlock stuff. 

Here begins the next stage of life!! I'm sure I'll learn lots of new things, and have lots of growing experiences. I hope to bring some comfort and motivation to the patients in my care!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive