I am not an employee. I don't need to be cheerful enough or funny enough or perform enough to be loved more.
No, because how great is the love the Father has lavished, that we should be called His children!
Jesus. Yours? Really?
You love children simply because they are yours. Because they are a piece of you. You love children because you know them, and you know that (even when they screw up), their intentions usually aren't bad. You know your child's hurts and strengths.
You rejoice in their performance. It gives you pleasure as a parent, but not anymore love.
And your children are never grown to you. They're always young. Always lacking a bit of your hard fought for wisdom.
Jesus loves me. He loves you. He loves us all.
And despite whatever happens professionally, I never have to fear that love leaving. I may frustrate my Father, but he specializes in grace and mercy. He longs to hear my reconciliation and confession. He wants a thank-you note for all the wonderful He has given me.
It took me a long time to realize that I am not loved any more or any less based on what friends are around me now. It certainly is nice to be appreciated at work. We've got a fun rehab team! We're friends! But I have to accept, whether I'm lacking friends, or a boyfriend, or family approval, or anything, I am not lacking in God's love.
Whatever circumstances I'm in right now are what God has deemed best for my life. Because I am His child and he works for the good of ALL his children.
And you know what...right now I LOVE my life.
It's pretty fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment