Friday, June 19, 2015

Haha. A year ago I posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxsdiusm1NQ


Habits and character really do win so much of the time. 

Today at work my fav co-worker (Erin, the other OT), accidentally thought my foot was her chair at lunch. "Um, Erin, this is really sweet and all, but you can stop playing footsie with me now." Hilarious. 

In not so cool work news, I realized that the reason why my back hurts is because I have a 90/10 schedule: 90% Max assist lifts and 10% CGA or better. The OTAs all have 10/90 schedules. My boss said that it's because he knows that I will stand them and I'm more experienced (um, by like -10 years). However, as I have been complaining of back pain for 2 weeks, I didn't appreciate that so much. Just so you know it's not all rosy all the time in Joyceland. I was ticked off about that discrepancy, even if I didn't have pain. However, he promised to give me a light week next week. I need it. And after that's over, there's NO way I'm going back to 90/10. The OTAs get breaks every 2 hours, pay less insurance, get more vacation, and have a light lift load. All but the last thing is because the union, and you don't need a masters degree to transfer someone. Plus I have to write tons more notes and all the evals (with Erin), and now cover their productivity. 

I won't lie. I am freaking out a little about my back. I don't want to regret not being able to pick up my kids because I wanted to tough out another year or three. I had no lifting in pediatrics, but those job opportunities are scarce. I know God will bring the right opportunity at the right time, though. 

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive