Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I was going to write a post about all my frustrations. You know. Legit frustrations and concerns with care that have most of the (fabulous) rehab department looking for other jobs because

well...I won't write that post. 

My struggle now is to find joy in the midst of this new, frustrating circumstance. 
Because my days are filled with walking through hostile hallways and covert conferences and telling my (awesome) boss not to talk to me in the therapy office (because I'm on the verge of tears)

What am I supposed to learn here?

Long-suffering
Having higher standards than others (thank God for Erin, Sherry and Don)
How a good friend can make a hard circumstance manageable
To trust God to open a door at some point, and love until then
That I can thank God for the free time and the grass and bunnies after work
That God is love and God is hope and nothing is too great and he can change care. Circle the nursing home (highly recommend Mark Batterson's The Circle Maker, by the way)
Submission to God's plan if this is where I'm at for awhile
How to be a light in the midst of darkness
How to take those critical mass moments and breathe through them
How to be blessed by my patients when the staff is difficult
How to see God in everyone
Spend more time on my knees
Depend less on my circumstances and more on my savior for joy

I guess that's a fair start. It's a lot.
It's a good purpose. 


No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive