Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm officially twenty today. Really, it hasn't been a momentous occasion at all. Most of the day I've forgotten that it's my birthday. Its been crazy fun though. We're on day three of five of the alumni session now. Yesterday, at Discovery while making ice cream, the girl I was with and I got this Russian theme going, pretty much all throughout camp. That continued this morning, so much so that at the body shop (our mini-hospital), one of the nurses commented how funny it was. You probably had to be there, but staff and campers alike were dying with the visit of Uncle Boris. Long live Putin!

Other than that, I'm pretty tired and am really excited to go home on the afternoon of the 24th. It's been without a doubt the best summer of my life, but its also been a long one. While I feel like I've learned SO MUCH here, I also feel like it's like that classic iceberg analogy; 90% of what I have to learn is still unknown at this point; I've barely scratched the surface. Even this ONE week with older kids, there are some intense situations and conversations. Camp means so much to them. It's nice to think that someday perhaps some of my deer will be sitting in their shoes.

Scotland is looking closer and closer. Today St. Andrews sent me my housing accommodations. I'll be in McIntosh Hall. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/accommodation/Residences/Guidetoresidences/McIntoshHallChattan/ I have a single room, which is nice, and it looks pretty close to campus. I also signed up for tentative classes, or "pre-registered." We don't officially register until we get to St. Andrews and meet with an advisor. All in all, an exciting prospect.

That's about all. I'm going to go back to hang with my cabin now, but I'll make sure to get in touch with everyone when I get home! Lots of love!

1 comment:

Holly said...

OOOLALALALA

We can't wait to see you!
Mom and Dad

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive