Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Standing outside the fire

I've been home, but its been busy. On the 24th, Mom, Dad, and I celebrated my birthday with the best dinner ever, pretty much. Jonathan and I ran errands the next day, and Ahalya and I got together that night. I finally saw all her Germany pictures. Crazy Ahalya!! It was so good to see her again :)

I was also summoned for jury duty; "Numbers 88 to 178, please arrive at the court at 1:30 tomorrow..." Wouldn't you know, I'm number 178. Anyhow, I was selected as one of the six jurors, I'll hear the case until Friday or Monday. The woman next to me thinks the defense wanted me because I'm a psychology major. It's actually an incredibly fascinating process, and I'm really enjoying this insight to the legal system. Plus the judge rocks. Another cool feature was that Steve Owens was also summoned (but not chosen). I haven't seen him since high school. We both sat on the first call of jurors, and he got a kiss from the old woman next to him as he was leaving :P Today, as the prosecution and defense were giving their opening statements, I had so many coughs. Luckily that was alleviated with some water for the rest of the trial. Also, I got what has been termed "the farting chair," so I have to sit as still as possible, or else suspicious noises escape. Anyhow, the other jurors and I have such hilarious conversations in the juror room (we're not allowed to talk about the trial with each other or anything), so I'm really loving J.D. (jury duty).

Other than that, much getting together of stuff for Scotland, unpacking, checking books out of the library, errands, etc. The usual. I think NJ family is coming up Sunday for a visit too, so getting ready for that.

Double H is far from forgotten. Just so many different facets exist, and I don't know how to go about describing it, but that will happen soon.




Pictures from Double H: Staff visit to Great Escape (I'm on the jokers left) and Bobcat staff.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive