I found this in the front pocket of my suitcase this morning. I had forgotten that Nicholas drew this for me before I left. There's nothing like a beautiful, handmade picture of jumping out of an airplane to build excitement about an upcoming flight. Hopefully circumstances won't necessitate such an ejection, but it's good to know that if it does, at least I have a parachute. Thanks Nick! It did make my morning though.
Last night I went with some friends to see Pride and Prejudice at THE OLD COURSE HOTEL. It was very posh (another word that I've picked up here). Most of the big shots and golf pro's stay there. The production was good. I think I give it 7 out of 10, and commend them for tackling such an iconic piece.Today I pondered some things. I pondered who I am and where I was. Nope, not in an existential way. That was when I found myself on the floor after I knocked my head on the bookshelf. I thought I was home for a minute. No harm done, just a bump :)
Really though, I did ask myself whether I had ANY regrets about my study abroad experience. Did I come the right semester? Right country? Right choice? Do I regret not going to Spain or travelling more? Did I not stay true to myself or my values? Did I do too little or too much? It was nice to meet each and every one of those questions with a confident 'no.' Although other people might have chosen to do things differently, this experience was exactly right for me, and really that's all that matters. And that ended the REAL pondering :)
CHRISTMAS DINNER tomorrow. I still can't express how much I LOVE the dining hall food here. It's going to be tough to go back to mom's cooking. JUST KIDDING. It probably will be a little harder to go back to Skidmore dining than usual, but there are worse things in life. Ta-ta for now!
-Joycey
No comments:
Post a Comment