Thursday, December 18, 2008

So perhaps to get the most out of my last full day here I woke up at 4:30am today, despite a patchy sleep schedule this last week? It's almost 8am now, and still PITCH BLACK outside.

Maybe because soon enough I'll be saying goodbye to Alison tonight, the first thing I did today was look up this song.







While I think we'll skype some in the spring, and we will almost definitely do some sort of swap next year, I guess it's more of an epilogue than the story. We've mostly written that already...and it's a GOOD BOOK.

Funniest night here?

Profile: Alison D

College Year, Age: Junior Year Abroad from Smith, 21
Major: English and History
Hobbies: Sleeping, baking, reading, swimming, watching movies, and being fun.

Her best trait, I think, is how much she values friendship. If you her friend, she's willing to do pretty much anything for you. She's also not really concerned too much with what people think to do something crazy either, like dress up for Wacky Wednesday breakfast or go swimming in winter. It's been awesome getting to know her this semester! I'm SO glad her last name starts with a D (roommates were paired alphebetically during orientation).

So I'll miss these people, and these nights when I leave tomorrow...

But I'm also looking forward to these ones.
Joyce, Sara, Ahalya, Julia, and Liz.
Mother dearest!
Crazy Armos.
Little Rascals.
I didn't really do tons of shopping here (except those wellies) unless I went somewhere, so the past two days I've stocked up: Cookbook, christmas tree ornament, scarves, scottish candy, postcards, flag, and some cute stuff. I'll definitely have stuff to remind me of these good old days.
The plan is this. Lunch here, soup somewhere for dinner, swimming with Alison at East Sand Leisure Center (2 pounds before 5pm, and WATERSLIDE). Soup out somewhere, playing 'Life' at Couch Cafe, hanging out.
8-8:30am Breakfast served
9-9:15 Taxi pick-up (dorm closes at ten, and latest cab available)
10:40 Arrive at Airport
2:50-4:15pm Edinburgh to London Heathrow
8:10-11:25pm London to JFK
Go through customs, baggage, and back to nana and papa's, hopefully by 1:30am.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive