Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The time of times

I'm about 95% done with my first clean draft of my essay. It's going really well. I just really have been trying to use daylight hours these past few weeks. It's dark when we wake up still (around 7:30-8) and doesn't get truly light about 10. The sun clearly has started to set by 2:30, and by 3:30-4 it's completely dark. That doesn't leave many hours, but as promised, it's never too sad because the people are so great. Helen and I just finished a youtube dj'ed concert of funny old music videos. The winner was she's a little runaway by bon jovi.

It's been so busy lately, between my essay (almost done, and it's not due until friday!), and lots of fun stuff. The nights this week have included: christmas cookie decorating with a bunch of friends, the showdown with drew in pool (with a half-stick I might add), and cribbage. Tomorrow is Drew's birthday, so tonight Helen and I are decorating his door with funny stuff, like a life sized print out full of Drew-isms. Tomorrow, when we go out for breakfast, we're going to take a McIntosh family picture. I'll make sure to post it so you can see us all. It's awesome having three best friends to eat meals with (and one to live with:) everyday. Generally I'm with at least one of them, but when all four of us are together, it's epic. Both Helen and Drew go home this weekend, so there is a limited number of those moments left.

Friday mid-morning I leave for spain, and return Sunday night. Monday night I'm seeing Pride and Prejudice at the Old Course Hotel (VERY posh and cool), and Wednesday is our hall christmas dinner. It should be a fun week. Thursday Alison and I are going out for a cocktail or two before I return home to under-21 status. I don't drink frequently (probably not in three weeks) or excessively (still never been tipsy or drunk), but I do love the occasional woo woo or SCOTTISH beer. All my work for the semester will be completed by Thursday mid-day. Friday, I think will be dinner out.

Friday, is just hanging out, and Saturday I fly home!! It's a bit werid, because I'm so excited to see everyone, especially Mom, and to be home for a bit, so I'm counting down the days in that way. At the same time, I'm dreading/seizing each day that passes, knowing I'm one day closer to leaving Scotland, likely forever. It's bittersweet, but I consider myself lucky that I look forward to going home. It certainly is so much easier, returning to someplace you love.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Know that you hung your hat, made a "home" and have some wonderful memories. Only God knows if you will see these people again. You never know.

love, mom

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive