After a charged week full of conversations about the upcoming switch, it has finally come and passed. The result: I'm a fox (or foxy lady as we call them). That means I'm with girls from 13-15. My first choice for girl cabins was the bears, the oldest one, but when they called up the foxes, I could see why everyone on that team was chosen. We all have a spot, and I think we'll all mesh well together.
The foxes have a reputation for being the most challenging but the most rewarding. It's kind of that stinky middle school time in life when people, especially our kids who predominately come from cities, have attitude. At the same time, when you crack through that and connect and get them to open up, it's supposed to be awesome. I'm not too worried, because I do have that awesome team and I do think everyone is more similar than people often think.
We all want to laugh.
We all want to be respected.
We all want to hope.
Also, on an interesting note, my Unit Leader (UL), Pat, is a boy. We also have another boy (his roommate in the fox cabin, padrig) on staff. The rest of us are girls, three of which -Lina, Erin, and I- live in the other counselor room in the fox cabin. For the record, although girls are allowed to do personal care with boy campers, male staff members are not allowed to do personal care with girl campers. This could be interesting :)
No comments:
Post a Comment