Ask our kids or our counselors or our volunteers.
I just can't emphasize enough how amazing our campers are. How appreciative their parents are. How the little deer take everything with a smile. How the old bears support one another. How the alumni campers include everyone, despite crazy disparities in physical and cognitive development, because to them, that's just what camp is.
I also can't emphasize how dedicated our staff is. This sessions cabin night started out with the girls making poodle skirts, then converted into a sock hop (complete with max as elvis), then a fun bus ride while we pushed golf carts into arts and crafts to create a drive in movie, where the girls ordered ice cream sundaes and/or fries and watched leave it to beaver. If you didn't figure it out, the theme was the 50s.
I thought I'd also share a few pictures with you. Once again, we are (completely understandably) not permitted to post pictures of campers for privacy purposes, but I have over 300 already. If anyone's interested, I can show you those in person. This is just to give you a better idea of what camp looks like.

The deer cabin has three camper rooms with three beds in each, plus a counselor room. This is our hallway.
The indoor pool is pretty much all we use. The water and air temp are both about 85 degrees, so campers with sickle cell who normally can't swim because of temperature disparities can swim. It's also great for those who have seizures from light.
These are the booklets I made last week for last night activities, called My Time at Camp. It had a whole bunch of pages for the girls to fill out.


Exhibit A.
This is my hair after rest time duty with the deer. Session 1.



No comments:
Post a Comment