I just found my cord to attach my camera to my computer. So, belated Wash U pics are here. It was pretty fantastic. I AM SO EXCITED TO MOVE THERE NEXT YEAR. Not the least bit nervous. It was a super-comfortable, friendly place.
Day one I caught a early morning jet to St. Louis via Detroit, and then took the metrolink downtown. I arrived at the Med School for my 11am appointment, and was really excited to see another accepted student was there. Her name was Alethia. Eileen gave us a tour together, and I just loved her too. I swear we were introduced to every faculty member in the school, and there are a LOT (about 2-3 times as many as any other school, since we do a lot of research/have a lot more students/specialties too).
I toured two schools previously (NYU and Tufts), so I know my reaction was not just excitement/grad school starry eyes. It was true love. The professors want you to succeed and challenge you to think. The research is unparalleled, as are the facilities. The school is active, and the students are close. St. Louis is diverse (a drawback to Nebraska:), and it will be a great city to live in for three years. I could never EVER do NYC, but this didn't really feel like a city at all.
My deposit is in. All I have to do now is find a place to live and I'll be set!
Another cool part of the trip was meeting up with my good friend Nayiri. I met her and her sister Anoush at 07 sports weekend. They're fantastic! We went to a sushi place in The Loop (kind of the college hang out area), and then out for cupcakes. Originally we were going to a chocolate drinking place, but of course that was closed the day that I was there :) She also drove me around forest park and told me all about St. Louis in the summer. It sounds fab.
We tried to take one of those self-portrait shots. This is the only one where we got both of our heads in :)
Cupcake shop!
Enter Danforth (basically all schools and programs except those affiliated with the med school) campus.

Danforth.
:) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment