Sunday, December 12, 2010

OT Humor

A girl and I are assigned to do our practical exam together on Thursday (we test the other person's muscles, joint flexibility, blood pressure etc). Partners were just assigned.
Our facebook wall conversation when we found out the assignment is below...
Joyce: "hope you're psyched to be checkout partners!! Also hope you're a morning person...8:15am."
Michelle: "I am psyched to be checkout partners! Should we wear matching outfits? I am not a morning person but at least we get to get it over with! Hopefully I get to grab your ischial tuberositys!" (a type of chair transfer that we might have to do- and that basically translates to butt bones)
Joyce: Um. YES! Do you own a bandana? We can be thugs! Or nerds! Or I don't really care what. ahaha. And I agree with the getting it over with part!

You might want to pump the blood pressure cuff up to 190, because my heart pounds when I'm around you."
Our class does many things like that. Corny OT jokes all around! We shout "VOLAR ASPECT" quite regularly while advancing toward fellow students on the street. The volar aspect is the palm side of the hand. Basically, we high five. I started it with Tara. Tara started "OLECRANNON PROCESS" for elbow high fives, which are more useful in the cadaver lab.

Anyhow, it's finals week. We have a ton of assignments due and tests to take.
It's funny though, because we're all in the SAME exact classes. I handed in the most BORING assignment in the history of forever Friday afternoon. A few of us then hung out in the lobby. Every time someone else passed me to hand in the assignment, I got really excited all over again; it was kind of like I handed that in 6 times :) I just knew (and we all know) what it's like to get through this stuff, and to have a load off of the plate.

Today I have my last anatomy exam, and my evaluation final exam (administering an assessment). We have reading days (no classes) Tuesday and Wednesday, so that will be a welcome change. The REAL nice welcome change will be break though :)

It'll be fun hanging out and doing things with the fam during the day (XC and downhill skiing, fires, playing in the snow), and the friends at night. I've got some fun projects up my sleeve. Also, one of my best friends (there's a group of six of us) from high school is getting married, so that'll be a blast! It'll be my first wedding sans parents, and about 12 of us from the wonder years are going. Plus it's CHRISTMAS time, which is just lovely feeling. People are cheerful and It's a Wonderful Life is on TV etc etc.

Lastly, it's been really amusing to watch how people here react to the cold. There were, NO JOKE, only 6 people (including Der Hayr) at church yesterday, due to a whopping inch or two of snow. I can't even count how many facebook status updates relate to the cold, either. I consider 15 to 20 degrees with no wind positively balmy! Ahhhhh upstate NY!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive