Friday, February 18, 2011

The best of times, and other times, just...times.

I skimmed through some of my blog entries yesterday, and realized that I sound immoderately thrilled with everything ever on the face of the planet. A bit annoying, really. Now, in general, I'm am happy with the status-quo and a pretty joyful person, but no one one could, or should, be chipper all the time, and I am no exception! It would make a pretty boring blog entry to say "today I'm bored and frustrated! Have a nice day" though. If you would like a more in-depth perspective, feel free to ask. I would be happy to share how annoyed I get about the quality (or lack thereof) of the apples in Missouri. Those who know me know that APPLES ARE A BIG DEAL!

I've tried finding fulfillment by other means, but I was disappointed by the oranges, too. :)
Aside from challenging moments such as these, I do get excited about little things, which in general makes life pretty great!

Anyhow, last night was an induction ceremony and reception for some of us OTs (I joined because I want to tutor first years next year). Pictures of some of us first years + second years are below. I'm in the orange, pink, and blue. That should make it simple.




Our PR person, Bonnie, took the photos.

Other fun things from today...

-winning the paper airplane throwing contest in class...Yes mom, that is why you sent me to OT school. It was so fun to see paper airplanes whizzing all down the hallway. I think the visiting students were a bit taken aback:)

-STUDENT HEALTH OFFICE! I had to get my records and another PPD shot for my fieldwork site today during lunch. There were two boys in the waiting room. One was a med student. One was a PT student. I LOVE opportunities to get out of the OT box; we tend to make too many us vs. them generalizations for my taste. It was really fun to TALK TO GUYS AGAIN too. One wouldn't think it's such a novelty, but it is in OT. We were all good friends by the time our names were called :)

-Katherine's house tonight for smores over an open...gas stove. We also played Apples to Apples and Mafia.

-A few girls want to run! Hooray. My legs have taken to cycling much more easily than running this time around, so I think I need some other people to whip them into shape. We've decided we're going to do the PT school's fundraiser race and represent, so that'll be good motivation.

Tomorrow is Diane's birthday at Hard Rock Cafe, and then country square dancing at Wild Country in Illinois. It should be a fun weekend!

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive