This feels like vacation! I like this!
I have a TV, a computer just a few floors below me, a room twice the size of my dorm room, and my own shower. Ah, the luxuries. I can watch baseball games in my bed with my pajamas on, and have time to floss my teeth and do all that stuff that I invariably can't do when I get back to my room at 3am.
This morning, I had time to run in the beautiful 80 degree weather. It felt so nice to be running in the suburbs, and on rolling hills. I had 5 minutes to warm up, 15 to do all my stretches, and 10 to do leg drills. I haven't been able to do that structure in forever, because I have no time, but I thrive on it. It's so hard now in school, because I'll feel like I have a week where I could potentially run, but then the next five will be all school or obligations and no time. I can't wait until fieldwork/work. Everyone says that you have time to do your old hobbies then. It's kind of sad, because I'm in the prime running age, and ran consistently until senior year of college (self-imposed break), but I just don't have time to get into it.
But, as my dad has always said, we look at school as putting hard work in early so that you can have it easier later on. As tempting as it would be to drop out and be the Cardinal's mascot (FREEBIRD), later on I won't have to work 3 jobs and will have time to run and write and hike and see more baseball games. Hurrah!
Anyhow, must get back to my homework! Adios!
P.S. Jonathan turned 25 yesterday! Woo.
No comments:
Post a Comment