Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm a shining star!

At least that's what they told me at the Pottery Place when I picked up my and a friend's piece today (I still call it Color Me Mine, because it used to be one, and it's the same thing). This is what they call pieces that go on their online gallery to give others ideas. My tile is here.

I paint one every year. This year highlights some of the deeper relationships in my life: my family (cats included), my best friends at school (WUOT) and best friends in Nisky. And, of course, a cardinals shoutout. Truly an amazing year.

In other earth shattering news (as clearly all at my blog is), I got up at 7:45am today. This is a record. Now, bear in mind that I've subsisted on 3-5 hours of sleep weekdays (and some weekends) all semester. I will now reveal to you an embarrassing fact. I had not woken up before 10:30am any other time besides Christmas since I've been home. Yes, you may all gasp now. It's not like anyone's home in the mornings anyways (Mom's at the barn). Today I was up to let the workmen in for our new oven.

Mom and I also played scrabble. I headed out for a run, until wimping out after 5 minutes. Wind + teens temp was just going straight to the bone. Instead, I ran out to get the pieces, and came home to prepare for having Liz over for stuffed pancakes puffs (raspberries, blackberries, and a few peanut butter cup puffs) and hanging out. Tomorrow we're working on our scrapbooks together. It's been such an excellent break.

Love home. Looking forward to seeing my friends at school, too. Good places to be.

No comments:

About Me

In short, this contains my travels to Jersualem, Double H, Scotland, and St. Louis, among other, completely unrelated experiences :)

Blog Archive