Background: Our clinical coordinator emailed me last week. Minnesota (first choice for so many reasons) was a no-go. CHOA was a no-go. A lot of hospitals (CHOP, St. Judes) weren't even options for taking students next year since they've taken one the last two years, so that was complicated. I knew that it was in good hands, so I wasn't too worried. I'm a big believer in blessings in disguise, so I don't stress too much about that stuff.
Announcement: Today I received an email about my placement for summer 2013!! Nationwide Children's in Columbus.
Verdict: I'm loving this. I put this down as on my shortlist because I always LOVED "the Ohio kids" at Double H Ranch, and they were all from this hospital. I knew that it was ethnically diverse, a moderate pace, offered an inpatient rotation, and had a broad range of diagnoses. It should be a great learning environment with great kids! I will go off to Ohio gladly next summer! I sort of wanted to be somewhere slightly more mountainous (or at least not as flat) again, but that will have to wait for later. It is SO good to know where I'll be.
1 comment:
Congrats!
Funny... my company has worked with them! So if you ever need to get a hold of the Director of Engineering Operations, I know who to call :-)
Post a Comment