I went down to Philly for New Years Eve. They always put on a good dance. I saw old friends (most notably EMo and Da'mon), maaaaany old young grasshoppers (aka kids I've counseled through the years at St. Nersess), and met new people. A great time all around.
I also learned a lot about Philly history, but I won't bore you over the internet with the details.
I prefer to bore you in person.
I'm generous like that :)
Travelling, including solo, is nearly always fun to me.
I like to get to be alone sometimes.
And having bus time to start out the new year reminded of Fanny Price's virtue in Jane Austen's Mansfield Park isn't a bad thing either.
Plus, a two-hour layover in New York City enabled me to pretend I was shopping in their gigantic Macy's (never seen so many dresses or purses in EVERY color) and DSW.
I also enjoy the adventures. That includes missing my connecting bus on the trip to Philly, buddhist monks, tentative treks from the NJ transit station, palace of asia, etc.
Today was also great. I got to go to the orthodontists!
I had braces for 5 years, people! And I needed retainers (and a thumb-sucking stopper) before that.
Jonathan also needed braces.
Basically, I was there a lot as a kid.
And Dr. Lozman is like every kid's dream dentist.
I lost my lower teeth retainer, so it was nice to have an excuse to see everyone. They also took new photos and x-rays. As I held my cheeks out, I was aware of how silly I looked, and that a 9-year old was curiously peering at me. Basically, we had to do a re-do of that picture, because I couldn't help but smile.
I had braces for 5 years, people! And I needed retainers (and a thumb-sucking stopper) before that.
Jonathan also needed braces.
Basically, I was there a lot as a kid.
And Dr. Lozman is like every kid's dream dentist.
I lost my lower teeth retainer, so it was nice to have an excuse to see everyone. They also took new photos and x-rays. As I held my cheeks out, I was aware of how silly I looked, and that a 9-year old was curiously peering at me. Basically, we had to do a re-do of that picture, because I couldn't help but smile.
Also, KIDS THESE DAYS. In MY day, we had a choice between bubble gum, mint or grape goo for dental impressions. Now they have root beer, cola, strawberry, orange, cookie dough etc etc. IT WAS THE TOUGHEST DECISION I MADE ALL YEAR.
All two days of it.
Other than the orthodontists, I occupied myself by making homemade spinach fettuccine (SO GOOD) and dinner rolls. I love cooking when I have time to do it. I also went to the horse barn to watch my parents' lesson again. They're so funny to watch fly over (BIG) jumps. The horses also were a hoot with licking my hands. Usually they just sniff it and let me pat them, but they wanted none of the patting and lots of the licking. I think it's because my hands smelled like spinach. Perhaps they would like some fettuccine, too.
Lots of love and neigh neigh good night.
Lots of love and neigh neigh good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment