Today was better. I breathed, especially when I wanted to react. I bit my tongue when I wanted to speak. Change is the reason why self-reflection is good.
Tonight was Dodgeball. I really can't describe how much I love it. I really missed boys in college/OT school, because I just missed DOING things and drama and clique-free environments. Everyone is so nice! It's good to have girl friends to chat and do girly/low-key things with, and it's nice to have guy friends, too. If you're in a new city, I definitely recommend meetup.com for a non-creepy way to do activities with people of similar interests. Dodgeball is pretty much all 20-35 y/o young professionals. I met two really fun girls there this week, too.
I only have ~1 month left here. I'll move back to NY for my last rotation from September-December. It's still a little weird to think of not returning to St. Louis. Although I did not always enjoy my program philosophy, I LOVED LOVED LOVED the diversity, authenticity, and financial accessibility of the city. Everyone "keeps it real" there.
This weekend I'll be visiting one of my hometown friends in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ahalya and her friends are going canoeing, and she invited me to visit and tag along. It should be fun! I'm going to be environmentally friendly and take the bus, so that should be interesting, too. I always end up sitting around the oddest people. Like drunk-ladies-from-Montreal-strange. Wooo. At least it's good fodder for conversation.
That's it for tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment